Sunday, June 08, 2008

sunday grind



Right, back to the music, my substitute for news. It’s a blazing hot Sunday AM in NoVa; the kind of weather that leads to overheating if you even think about moving. What originally came to mind was to include Lyle Lovett singing Church but I can’t embed that video so I went completely the other way and decided you’ll get Lucinda Williams growling Joy at you. The band screaming it out with her are all the usual suspects, led by the great Doug Pettibone on steel guitar. The first time I saw her play at the Fillmore in S.F. Chuck Prophet hopped up on stage and rolled the guitar solo out into some sort of battle with Pettibone. It was mesmerizing.

Man, I was right on with that French Open predication, wasn’t I?

Cubs on a two-game skid out in L.A.

Did I mention that is damn hot?

t

No comments: