Thursday, April 26, 2007

really...it's okay

I’ve finally climbed the ladder to the plateau of accessory. I know the Eleven has a big-time gala on Saturday evening, and I’m fully cramming for the environmental discussion, but tonight's state-of-being is the apogee of relations: I’m the boyfriend. Yes! One of G’s schoolmates is coming over tomorrow evening to hangout and I’m the third rail of planning. I overhear X on the phone saying this, “I will be here studying, but my boyfriend Todd will be watching G and Z. They’ll probably get a movie, pizza, and pop some corn. I just wanted you to know.” Just thinking about the phrase, “my boyfriend…” (fill in the blank) is fun. I must say that she’s very upfront and honest but it also sort of sounds like “I'll be here, but Mr. Chimpy from next door will be watching your little bun…”

Maybe I’m stretching.

Love

T.

No comments: