Wednesday, March 07, 2007

open up and say...


There are so many things wrong with this idea. I’m going to step way out on a limb and say that I don’t think McDonald’s needs a bigger burger; people don’t need bigger burgers. This slab of meat ranges from 720 – 860 calories and that’s just the ticket for adding a few more pounds to the American gut. What’s even more ludicrous is that McDonald’s has someone who’s title is Executive Chef? Not only that, this guy ‘developed’ a bigger burger? I can already see the recipe popping up on RecipeZaar:

Prep time: same as any other burger
Level of difficulty: low

1. Take your mixture of fresh 84% lean , 91% lean, or angus beef.
2. Add more meat to make it BIGGER.
3. Shape like a burger.
4. Cook.

Recipe submitted by Dan Coudreaut

I was once on a tour of the Olympia / Hamm’s brewery in Olympia, Washington when the tour guide mentioned the company’s Brewmaster. I chuckled at that just as I chuckled at the McDonald’s Executive Chef.

I’ve just found out that Dan Coudreaut’s title is actually Director of Culinary Innovation at McDonald’s USA. I don’t even have the heart to attempt an excerpt of the jackassery in this bio. Sorry Dan.

I’m off to a chocolatier class tonight here in Arlington. Report to follow.

T

No comments: