Thursday, March 29, 2007

it’s a wrap!


Communism - an ideology that seeks to establish a classless, stateless social organization based on common ownership of the means of production. [wikipedia.org]

I’ll take this opportunity to further break down the components of this definition:

ideology – the set of beliefs characteristic of a social group or individual. [Concise OED]

Let me say that this ‘set’ and the social group runs between about 5’8” and 5’10” and occupies #1 and #2 on North Park Drive.

stateless (adj.) – not recognized as a citizen of any country. [Concise OED]

social (adj.) – relating to or designed for activities in which people meet each other for pleasure. [Concise OED]

organization (n.) – a systematic approach to tasks. [Concise OED]

If I mash these all together I get something that says I’m not really a citizen, I’m designed to make pleasurable things, and I’m somehow tasked from the group.

means of production - are the combination of the means of labor and the subject of labor used by workers to make products [wikipedia.org]

I think I’m pretty well pigeonholed as the ‘combo’ when it comes to getting the wraps ready for early morning launch. It’s a skill like anything else…but sometimes the labor gets all confused and forgets the ideology; the power of three!

I made three wraps this morning so X didn’t have to split her wrap with the other twin...as was the case on Tuesday; talk about a communal thing. Not only did I manage to increase the means of production but I snuck chocolate in their snacks in a preemptive strike against revolt.

Long live the masses!

TTodd.

No comments: