Wednesday, March 07, 2007

juliette


I did take my camera to the chocolatier class this evening; I forgot the memory stick. I wonder about me.

We made loads of chocolates: ganache filled, chocolate bark, chocolate-covered toffee...and all were very tasty. One of the most obvious questions that pops into the head, when hanging out with a chocolatier, is some variation of "How much chocolate do you eat?" Perfectly valid, yet the answer is always something like "Not so much." It's obvious to me now just how easy it would be to fall right into that answer - only two hours of playing with, and barely tasting the goods, is more than enough. When the smell is all around, when you're surrounded by the sweets, when you're working towards finishing a product - the ingredients and endgame don't hold much sway. I'd very quickly get tired of chocolate, but I'd love creating things that people love - a bit of a trade off.

Even though we were in a small strip mall in Arlington I kept thinking of Vianne Rocher plying her wiles in a small French village. I always like Juliette.

Evening.

T

No comments: