Friday, July 25, 2008

it's the music


Right-o

Here's what we need to focus on between now and the end of the year: The Old Crow Medicine Show and their new CD in September, and Gillian Welch. I'm merely guessing, but I think Gillian and David Rawlings must have something to release in the works. Of course, they've always been way off the path of "I must do it" so it could be next year. I'm listening to her tonight; she's so underrated in the twang world.

The 61 is off to BWI to drop X off for her journey north and the Massachusetts Bar Exam on Wednesday and Thursday next week. She'll be staying in Springfield for a few nights to make sure there are no major worries or traffic jackassery on the mornings of the test. She's worried. I understand the worry but I'm fully vested (and have money riding on...) her meeting the 80% pass rate. Send her good thoughts...

L. and I, or the remaining 51, will be heading onward to Baltimore after the drop-off. I've got some late entry tickets to the Baltimore (national) Aquarium and dolphin show so we'll hang around the Inner Harbor, do some eating, and do some shopping before the fish and our later drive home.

X sent me a friend request on facebook today. I reminded her that we are already sleeping together and a facebook friend request was so JV. Was I wrong? Just asking.

The weather in the D.C. area has been unseasonably mild this week. Lovely sleeping, with my facebook "friend", pleasant evenings, and dreamy mornings.

More on the fish later.

t

No comments: