Tuesday, May 08, 2007

into the rabbit hole

I'm back out in Nevada working for a few days. I'll be home on Thursday evening. I used to be in shape for plane travel but those days are gone. The five-hour haul from D.C. to Phoenix, and the follow-on to Reno, made me realized just how much I hate planes.

It was nice to fly back over Reno on our approach and it reminded me of some good times (and bookstores, coffee houses, and shops) I had in my three years living in the Wild West. I also ruminated on a lovely date weekend that X and I had back in 2004.

I'm at my old coffee joynt in Fallon, Jive n' Java, typing on the antiquated common use computer. They've prettied up the place and it doesn't appear that live music is much played here on weekends...I think it's gone a bit God-y on us.

A few things to think about:

I don't think kids take typing class anymore. They've been using keyboards far too long by the time they get to high school and need to take typing.

I'll smooth out my dissertation on poached eggs this evening, and time permitting, I'll try to bang it out tomorrow after work.

My lovely little L. turns 11 tomorrow. My lovely older S. graduates in two weeks.

X took her last exam this morning and is getting a free dinner at Willow tomorrow evening; ungrateful girlfriend.

My hotel has some kind of moving picture box that is very foreign to me. I watched SportsCenter last night - novelty.

More tomorrow.

T.

No comments: