Thursday, May 17, 2007

double jeopardy


The Eleven is off to the greater Annapolis area this evening for a gala event centered around watching the wife of one of X’s law school classmates appear on Jeopardy. The classmate and wife are hosting a number of friends (and family, I assume) to watch the show that was taped months ago. Since both are forbidden from discussing the outcome of her appearance on the show the rest of us are going in cold as far as planned reactions. I’m assuming she did well on the show, just getting on the show is quite a feat, so we shouldn’t have to restrain ourselves from yelling out things like “Who is Grover Cleveland. Geez! Hit the buzzer! COME ON!”; or “What is a contusion! AWWW!”; maybe, “Where is the Lena River! What a BUNCH of idiots!” I’m definitely staying away from murmuring “How easy is that?” when the Final Jeopardy question flashes across the screen. I hope she won, I really do, but I also hope that she didn’t bet the mathematically determined amount that allows someone to win the game by $1…I hate that. All or nothing, baby…

All or nothing.

T.

No comments: