Wednesday, September 09, 2009

beep beep!



I think it was yesterday that Andrew Sullivan passed along his view of the Republican base – Wile E. Coyote. The implied second blade is that Obama is the Roadrunner; and nothing – but nothing – has made me smile like this in months. Of course, the newest reason to support this parable was the President’s speech yesterday to open the school year. It was announced and, as if on cue, the completely unhinged smooth brains ran to the hills crying wolf. Dear lord (no deep meaning intended), the President is going to speak to our children! What do we do? How will we survive? Blah blah blah blah. Anyone who fell for that pitched fit should be embarrassed. I read the text ahead of time and then watched the speech later: the nerve of the President to tell kids that they have a responsibility to work hard, stay in school, and make the country stronger. Quick, get me a damp compress! I’m recanting my vote. If you haven’t gone to the link above, the video above is the parable for tonight’s health care speech. (P.S. don’t order stuff from Acme, it doesn’t work.)

No comments: