Tuesday, October 09, 2007

wild wild west

Back in Northern Nevada for the week - flew out yesterday and will be back home late, late Friday night. Here are some quick thoughts:

1. Lou Pinella will have his pitcher well-rested for Game 4...next season.
2. American Airlines changed my ticket for $25; good for them.
3. Someone at our apartment is none too happy that I'm out here.
4. I'm reading The Israel Lobby - am I anti-semitic?
5. I'm sitting in my old coffee shop in Fallon; it'll never end.
6. The high desert air around here is so very sweet.
7. You can't always walk at someone with a rat on your shoulder.
8. If you don't ask, you don't know.
9. Impeach Bush.
10. Where are my socks?

On Saturday night we had Sue stop in for a Greekfest dinner and follow-on to the Erin McKeown show in Alexandria. The gnosh was tasty but I'm in an ongoing battle with big beans from the Lebanese Market; X thinks it's cooking, I think it's the beans...as I would. The gigantic beans may get a good set-to as I had with poached eggs a few years ago. The poached eggs have been put in their place and the beans are soon to follow. The spanikopita, tzatziki, bread, and feta stuffed cucumbers were just fine. Sue brought fantastic baklava for dessert and wine for mouths...well done. Amy came over and I sat quietly listening whilst girls joked about doors, locks, sex, time-of-day, and the like. I hate girls. The Erin show as just as I'd expect from her: lively, to the point, fun, piquant, and verv-y.

Sunday night involved more dinner guests as Corey made a massive stock of paella. Matt, of the England Matts, came over along with those others that I can't remember; can't remember names, not people. (Do not forward this to anyone who knows them!) Another great eve chatting and laughing at the strange lives and ideas embodied by those in their 30s (I count myself based on both mean and mode averages). I've decided to take on an Irish accent beginning next week. Be advised.

That's it for now. I've got room at the Inn if anyone wants some time at 4000 feet.

T.

No comments: