Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"blog entry"

I’m a quotation mark hater so this blog is the perfect catalyst for maintaining my holier-than-thou ideals. Being as my grammar is shoddy at best, I’m not sure why this “mistake” always bothers “me”. Wander the site…particularly some of the greatest hits listed in the right menu bar.

While I’m at it…here’s AA Gill’s restaurant review from the Sunday Times. I have a soft spot in my heart for Gill because I find his reviews so tangential and entertaining – you never get to the actual review until the final third. If you’re in the restaurant business and the “restaurant” (ha!) part stinks then you’re open to critique. Believe me, if the place is glorious he’ll let the World know.

Erik Prince. Mr. Prince is the founder of Blackwater USA and director of Prince Group, the parent company of Blackwater USA. One thing I’ve seen on an alarming basis, especially since my court date during the Custer Battles hearing, is a long line of former military causing endless problems in Iraq. We don’t hear much about the civilian gun-toters on the ground, the guys who are doing the running around and shooting, but it never seems to end with the corporations run by former military gumming up the war works. Having been around the military a bit, and excluding the handful of leaders that were beyond excellent, there’s little in any ranks of the military that provide training for running any type of corporation or successful business in this environment. Unfortunately, we’re on a merry-go-round of the U.S. Government piling contracts on these young organizations simply because colonel so-and-so knew Jim Bob before Jim Bob headed off to begin Jackassery, Inc. It’ll only be a matter of time before that company under investigation and trotted before a judge.

One man’s opinion.

“Todd”

No comments: