Sunday, March 22, 2009

get out your old pill bottle....

A few quick music notes: Buddy and Julie Miller have a new CD out, Written in Chalk, that’s full of great songs. I was playing it today, repeatedly, and at some point X let me know that she didn’t much care for Julie’s voice. It’s not surprisingly since I’ve always felt there was little doubt it takes some getting used to. I quite like it but I’ve been listening to it for 15 years. If you don’t like her lead singing then feel free to skip those songs and still be amazed at the talent that Buddy has for writing and playing music; and Julie for singing harmony. The second tip is the newest Derek Trucks Band CD, Already Free. Trucks is probably the greatest living slide guitar player – at least of those that aren’t on some street corner in Muscle Shoals, Alabama that we’ve never heard of. We caught him a few years ago in Virginia and he and his band are stunning. If you want to open up the windows this spring and kick back, you need some Derek Trucks.

My book recommendation, for those that love exploration, is The Lost City of Z by David Grann. The summary is that it covers the great explorations for a lost Amazon city – possibly El Dorado – that took thousands of lives and create a million myths. If you love stories of real adventure, get on it.

Spring is all about the joint and I’ve penciled in next Saturday as vegetable garden creating and planting day. I think X has some square foot gardening plan that takes full effect this year. I’ll do the weeding and cooking with herbs and veg…beyond that, I’m out.

I just got my $2.1m stimulus check in the mail today. Unfortunately, Pelosi and Reid have created a 96% tax on Todd’s stimulus check just to be constitutionally challenged, little bitches. It’s truly comical.

Love to all.

t

No comments: