Thursday, August 09, 2007

$4.30


That's what it will cost you to get from Ballston to RFK on the Metro's Orange Line. I know this because there are signs taped to every ticket machine in Ballston Station. I'll let you in on the reason for the inkjet invasion, but first the back story. The Washington Nationals baseball team, desired and required for thirty years, are averaging about 23,000 fans per game. I wonder about the number - I was there for a Cubs game and the crowd was nowhere near 23,000 in a 46,000 seat stadium, and the Cubs pull. The average attendance for Major League Soccer games, across the league, ranges from 16-23,000 per game. Not tonight...it's a sellout of over 46,000. By the way, there are never signs posted telling Nats fans the price of Metro tickets - but tonight is different, Becks is in town with the LA Galaxy. Beyonce may be runner-up on the list of celebs in D.C. today. I doubt Bonds would have drawn a full house at RFK...as if RFK could pull a full house, what a dump. That's some kind of effect.

I asked X to get me Posh's autograph tonight...I figure she'll be at the Beyonce show instead of RFK.

I saw a sign in a window at the strip mall that read "Help Waned", that killed me.

T.

No comments: