Thursday, July 12, 2007

a tingle in me bones

I’ve already received one RSVP for my dinner party: apparently I intended to invite Burt Rutan and not his brother, Dick; Burt designs and Dick flys. I’m told that the Queen and Julie would prefer to have Burt sitting in-betwixt them. You know, I intended to entertain Julie. I’ve also been chastised by X for having couples sitting together, some type of party violation – it’s my party, I can do whatever I want.

I got an e-mail from the Old Crow Medicine Show yesterday that linked to a new video for I Hear Them All – the best song from their last album. You can hop over and watch if you please, noting in particular the otherworldly beauty of Critter Fuqua’s sideburns…trust me, you’ll know which one is Critter. The new video and the sounds of the boys singing led me to the below video from the Ryman in Nashville. They sound great on CD but nothing can replicate the live shows…at least until last year’s show at the 9:30. A few things to bear in mind: the filming gets much more stable at the song progresses, the sound isn’t perfect but you’ll get the idea, and you can hear them sing the lyrics over the crowd…that was a problem at the 9:30. This is music. And finally, for Ketch – please go back to the unplugged fiddle.

Thanks

T.

No comments: