Monday, July 30, 2007

1101 1001 0011 1110


The other night X asks me, “Are you reading a book on the history of numbers?” What’s the appropriate response to that kind of question? Being as there’s a large book on the coffee table titled The Universal History of Numbers: From Prehistory to the Invention of the Computer, I figured the best answer would be a resounding and truthful yes. I think after making my proclamation I noted a barely audible tsk blended with the sound of wonderment, covered with a dash of dork, and an aftertaste of oak. She looked at me sideways while heading towards the bathroom to ready for bed. I quickly pointed out (protested?), realizing that I might be losing romantic status in her eyes, that I was also reading Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla, Biography of a Genius. Clearly, this was a relationship disaster averted.

Love to all.

t

No comments: