Friday, August 22, 2008

spinning vinyl


I’m old. I do my best. I go to shows. I love music. I love those that can do it, because I can’t, I have no talent; I only have ears…

In order to fight the old bit, I’ve gone to faceBook after an invite from one of my most admirable old supervisors. Come to find that tons of us jumping on in order to keep in touch with others we deployed and suffered with for all those years. It’s cool to see where everyone’s at and how their lives have developed. It was a much more interesting and demanding time than high school.

Today I got a ‘wall’ post from a kid named Jason Eady. We worked in the same office for a bit and eventually headed off our separate ways: he left the AF and I moved to the States. He went to a Steve Earle and the Del McCoury band show in London with me when I had an extra ticket and I found out that he played music and used to sit in on various late-night and festival jam sessions back in Mississippi. Now he’s living in Austin, Texas and has two CDs out – the music is amazing. I feel like I had a brush with greatness. His Web sites are here and here. Give it a go, I think you’ll like it. I’m glad I got to know him at all.

I had a bunch of Robbie Williams videos lined up for you to watch but when I got to him doing Suspicious Minds I realized you only need this: a two-minute song and a four-minute shake...stick with it.



I'm going to shave and get my 'chops in order.

t

No comments: