Monday, August 25, 2008

no idea what's on in denver


I noticed that the 9:30 Club in D.C. is selling tickets to “An evening with the Black Crowes” on October 23rd…and 24th…and 25th. Just saying. I saw the Black Crowes back in about 19 and 93(?) on the Southern Harmony and whatever tour. They were damn good back then: I wonder what it’s like to do one-and-a-half great albums and then wander the dust for the next 15 years? I’ve nothing against them…that stuff was great. If you might be too young to remember the two years prior to mediocrity…here you go.



I just brought up the Convention on CNN online and it appears to contain a ton of crazy delegates sort of dancing to some rock n’ roll. Actually, it’s a bit embarrassing. Funny how Caroline Kennedy is referenced as a "niece of Senator Ted Kennedy" - I'm going to go with daughter of President John F. Kennedy.

You might want to just go back and watch the Crowes again. Apparently they had the Democratic Convention in Denver in 1908. That must have been a scream.

Oh, the Cubs are rolling…

t

No comments: