Friday, August 26, 2005

ah, the Dutch

I could have written this completely true, dead-on dissertation of the Dutch and Amsterdam (click on the following days at the bottom to get through the whole story). All who know me (and I think that's everyone) know my inclinations to Holland as a whole, and Amsterdam in particular. In the battle of cities I've seen and loved, Amsterdam sits above Florence in the worldwide cast of characters. Don't confuse the worldwide cast with the charted, ranked, tallied (and then altered) cast of cities I would/could live in...that group is ever-changing and will no doubt come up soon. But Amsterdam...hmmm, the museums, the people, the location, such a dream...I've often thought about moving there. Okay, the coffeeshops, 'shrooms, and hookers aren't necessarily well researched for me (some for some reasons, some for others...). If nothing else, it made me laugh out loud, and that's something.

No comments: