Sunday, June 13, 2010

northwestside story


I finally remembered my camera after all these years and snap some photos while heading to the DuPont Circle farmers market this morning. I usually park right near the Iraq Embassy on 18th St. NW and walk north a block before turning east to the market. These two badass associations are right across 18th St. from each other and I always imagine them as two rival gangs occasionally getting drunk on a Friday night, calling out insults across the street, and eventually rumbling in the middle of the street around midnight.


"You guys suck at splitting binomials!"
"What are you made of? Iron? Waffle iron? Wafflers!"
"Oh, yeah, find x, you no-talent eighth grade dropouts!"
"Quick, call Karl Rove. The game is on!"

I'm vaguely watching the Germany v. Australia tie at the World Cup and with Ally McCoist doing the color, I feel like either Sue Barker or John Parrott are going to bust in soon enough with either flirting or quips, respectively. I know, that's pretty deep, but if you lived in England for any period of time then you'll know what I'm talking about.

It's pizza night so I'm busy enough this evening. L. has added sausage as an option on her cream cheese extravaganza...we'll see how that works out.

t

No comments: