Wednesday, January 04, 2006

hidden gems

The Holidays are over, girls back home, work to be done, school around the corner. For those not up-to-speed on my iTunes/music disastrophe I'll review. Early last summer I finally ran out of space on my harddrive, broke down and bought an sexy external number, and promptly made a complete mess of everything. To add misery to the pain, I was in the middle of selling all my CDs since they were no longer needed and were simply filling valuable space. The transfer to the new drive didn't work and I've since erased about 40GB of music (accidently) and been without any iTunes for six months. My computer wouldn't recognize my iPod and I couldn't transfer those 40GB of happy, happy music back to my computer. Horror! I'd resigned myself to keeping this iPod as is (a museum piece of music) and buying a new iPod to use in my daily life. (No comments.) My woes came up at work today and a co-worker suggested using some freeware that allows one to access any iPod and move everything onto any other computer. (Editor's comment: ALL my music has been legally purchased.) Hmm, interesting. My hopes were low, wrongly so, and I'm now happily moving my groovy tunes onto the new external...oh, joy. It'll take a bit but it seems as if all has been saved. My life is so very tragic. More soon.

tx

No comments: