Thursday, December 22, 2005

boy makes list



It's true; "Best of this" and "best of that", we can't help it. The wonders of the genome. It's that time of year when the yahoo music group starts to toss out our top ten CDs of the year. It'll all be correlated, tabulated, and put forth into a second round of voting for the overall champeens that I call the "Ommies". The whole process of voting sounds like a distant European election but the results are always excellent.

Just a start for tonight.

I had an inordinate amount of Ryan Adams today. First of all, I needed a new rear wheel for my townie bike "Dooley" (best bike ever!). I stopped in at College Cyclery on So. Virginia and promptly rolled my horribly mangled aft boot across the floor. The wrench working this morning, a dead-on Ryan Adams impersonator, said, "that thing don't even ROLL straight", and truer words were never spoken. After some twisting, banging, axle greasing, and all-around monkey business, I had a new wheel, two new tires and four tubes. Bingo. Back on the road for a brunch at Pneumatic Diner (up to number two on my all-time restaurant list) in downtown Reno. I diverged from the norm and ordered a Shredder Bazukka (third best on the menu) and listened to...an entire Whiskeytown (fourth best group ever) CD with Ryan Adams crooning away. Can't be any more, can there? Back to the car and the drive down to Soundwave CDs (best music store in town) for a look at the new CDs and a run through my list of 'to listens' (see above). What do you know but the new Ryan Adams (third CD this year) is staring straight at me. I'm sure you know the rest. Oh, and when the cashier girl rang in my order and punched in my phone number for my 'buy CDs get free stuff program" she asked if I wanted to use my $50 credit. What? I have no credit. The owner taps my shoulder and tells both of us that I'm not "suppose to know about that"...it's coming in the mail. Shopping local and hanging with the crew always pays off...

I'll be house and dogsitting over the next ten days. The girls (first and second best) get in on Tuesday...two dogs, two girls; seems fair enough. I'll have my cell...

Happy Hoidays to all.

x

t

No comments: