Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ain't no trip to cleveland...

My movie watching has been less than stellar over the last year but I wanted to point everyone in the direction of Fantastic Mr. Fox. It’s not much of a secret that I’ve loved every single Wes Anderson film so I guess this isn’t a huge surprise. Having floated that disclaimer, Mr. Fox is a simply beautiful piece of art that no one should miss. We watched it Saturday night and I’m still playing back great scenes in my head. To take a book, turn it brilliantly to stop-motion animation, and have it voiced to perfection (Clooney as Mr. Fox? Perfect!) is something to behold. Honestly, I don’t know how it wasn’t voted film of the year by everyone. You have my full recommendation.

“They'll never catch me... because I'm fucking innocent.” – Dignan.

No comments: