Friday, September 12, 2008

dead and buried


I’ve tried, truly, I’ve tried but I have to put at least one match to the tinder. The McCain campaign has become a debacle. I support Obama because I believe far more in the Democratic platform than the Republican. I also believe that he is a once-in-a-generation leader that will serve us all. In the last few weeks I’ve become even more impressed by his ability to hold his steel and not devolve into the swill that is prevalent in the McCain campaign. McCain, who eight years ago seemed a reasonable politician, has pissed away whatever good will and hope that any centrist or independent person might have for a long-serving Republican. If you support McCain, I wish you luck with the blinders you’re wearing. There isn’t one iota of substance that his campaign is offering, not one bit of integrity, nor any chance that he and his administration could lead our country. Even if you dislike Obama there’s no way you can possibly not see how amateurish the McCain campaign has become and wonder just what it might be like to have another single term of blind, dangerous, and sophomoric leadership. I understand that it's the way of the political world to disagree on the issues but it is never acceptable – success or not – to blatantly lie about your opponent and yourself. If you buy into the elitist tag that’s been tattooed to Obama, feel free to use that to support mindless verbiage with absolutely no basis to support all the junk you read and hear. Take a serious look at what has swayed you toward the McCain campaign and decide if what’s taken you down that dank path is not only true, but whether it’s worth high-jacking the country with deceit that McCain sits upon. If you’re happy with how McCain has decided to run his race, well done – you and he have absolutely no political integrity left on your plate. I wish you well.

T

No comments: