Wednesday, April 04, 2012

you May

I have no idea why Spring is the hot-Toddy tour time in this area. Maybe spring is simply when artists hit the road in unheated, dilapidated vans so it’s the same everywhere else. I’m not sure I can make it all work but it appears as if I’ve hit the jackpot for shows in May. I’ve got all my bases covered with the following: Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen; Justin Townes Earle; The Polyphonic Spree; and Chuck Prophet and the Mission Express. In late April there is the Punch Brothers, and in early June I’ve got Dawes. The whole mess is a spectrum from bluegrass through Americana, bombastic pop, rock n’ roll, and California dreaming. This may all be make up for two years of classes and little time at night. I won’t regale you with full-on links from here, but you can wander off at your own discretion.

Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen (p.s. Frank is also a chef and will come to your house, cook a massive one-pot for 50, and then play a set. Dreams.) doing an after-dinner gig in the living room.

JTE doing Mama’s Eyes live, which I’ve posted before.

Chuck Prophet and Mission Express doing his latest, also live at KEXP.

The Polyphonic Spree doing Hold Me Now. They are gigging at the historic Sixth & I Synagogue – it’ll be fantastic.

The Punch Brothers messing with Radiohead’s Kid A and then rolling into Wayside.

Dawes doing When My Time Comes.

No comments: