Monday, April 23, 2012

freeze

I’ve changed my opinion on guns over the last few years. There was a time when I wanted all handguns banned; if you have a handgun and you aren’t law enforcement then you are arrested. What to do about shotguns and rifles used for sport? I didn’t know then, and I don’t know now; that’s another issue. The change I’ve made is this: if you feel you need a gun in your house for protection then I’m okay with that idea. If you want 50 guns in your house, have at it. I’d rather not feel that way but I’ve been convinced. What I don’t want are handguns outside your house. Period. You may feel that you are skilled enough to judge when to pull out a gun and shoot someone – but you are wrong; more than likely you are wrong 99.99% of the time. More guns, even inside your own home, are the worst possible answer to the problem, but it doesn’t seem like common sense will prevail. If you want guns in your house then I can avoid an encounter with you and your arsenal by not going into your house. As a favor to me and society, don’t bring you guns to the village green. I’ll take my chances with the criminals. That’s all I have to say on that.

No comments: