Thursday, December 16, 2010

listening and reading


There’s a regular guest/segment on the Kojo Nnamdi show on WAMU that’s always my favorite of the month: Shaping the City with Roger Lewis. You can get the podcasts of just that show or segment free at iTunes. Lewis is an architect/professor and the shows about D.C – and cities, in general – are always enthralling. You may call me a dork; you may not.

There was a time not so long ago that I’d sit around reading slip opinions from the Supremes. (I know this is adding weights to my dorkness from above.) Andrew Cohan has published his list of must reads in law for 2010. I think I’ve already read at least parts of them but I think I might take the time to sit down and work through them more detail.

We have our first snow of the year coming down in the Metro area and you can safely assume the D.C.-area drivers will make the road a living hell. I’m heading out. I’m sure the stores won’t be crowded.

No comments: