Saturday, April 01, 2006

big, hungry (now!), can't act




A few bits that are wedged in my brain from the last week. Let's start with the Nissan Armada; are we serious? When the world has decided that a SUV needs to named after a FLEET then we've just pitched it all over the cragged abyss. Does anyone need anything that big? I know, throw your spears to the left, I think I'm right on this one. The Armada? Some future suggestions might be: the SixthFleet, the Nimitz, PrincessCruiseLine, the QEII (I'm sure Infiniti will grab that one). I just want my due when they show up on our streets. In fact, maybe one vehicle isn't enough. We should seriously consider a formation of vehicles (a flotilla?) to get us from A to B. "Hey kids! Get in your dinghy ship-come-vehicle and follow Ma and Pa to the Mickey D's!" I'll leave that one. I did my shopping this afternoon and stumbled upon the GREATEST thing EVER invented. Ever. Fully cooked bacon; as advertised, "ready in five seconds!" FIVE SECONDS! FIVE!, "Hey baby, off to work and I only have ten seconds...make me two batches of that kicking bacon..." First, who is in such a hurry that they need bacon in five seconds? [a nod to Lewis Black who points distainfully at the eight-second PopTart instructions...] Second, can we eat in shifts; kids first (five seconds) with scalding bacon grease dripping down their chins; teens next (another five); adults (up to 15 seconds now)...let's go to South Beach and open our arteries. I know it's patently unfair to move from serious world affairs to Hilary Duff, but I must. Returning my movie at the local after the groceries (it was "Everything is Illuminated") and had a chance to watch ten minutes of Hilary's acting in "Raise Your Voice". (Don't even start on the ten minute thing, I won't have it.) As if I didn't have enough ammo to throw out at the masses; this is the motherlode. What talent. What skill. Amazing. If that is what's on offer at the multiplex then I insist you come with me...kicking and screaming.

I must be making risotto again....too much time to think. Tonight is a nice shrimp leek dealio.

I'll be nicer next time, really

hugs to all

t

No comments: