Sunday, March 26, 2006

court of wits



Delinquency has abounded over the last few weeks, at least blog-wise. Maybe not delinquency perse, but laziness? a lack of typing abilities? the sunny days of Spring? a reasonable person? Not sure which story'll fly so I try them all. While working evenings a few nights last week (manning so much as 'working') I ended up reading (and rereading) the Supreme Court's decision in Georgia v Randolph. How this has come to pass is perfectly understandable when one considers the lethal combination of open debate, logical pursuit, and a squatter of my mind posing herself under the rubric of girlfriend. This opinion appears the first difficult decision of the Roberts Court; not merely the softballs of 8-0 or 7-1 decisions. I sense the justices were just standing around smacking tire irons into palms, begging for a chance to lay into the other end of the bench: philistines. When I read an opinion, dissenting or otherwise, that uses 'red herring' to describe the other's position I know it's on...'til the break of dawn. My seperately issued concurrence is this; I don't suspect anyone standing next to me, physically NEXT to me, can invalidate my individual rights. Seems simple enough, right? I did later see Shepherd Smith attempting to ask indepth questions concerning the ruling from an equally inept expert on CNN the next day...geniuses.

I'm booked into Omaha the week before Easter to hang around with a very cute almost ten-year old. Planning on a fancy dress dinner out on either Friday or Saturday evening. I'd say it's because she wants to get dressed up but it's more my inkling to get kitted out for a nice evening at V. Mertz in the Old Market. Does V. Mertz have hotdogs? I might need to call ahead.

I was off school this past week for Spring Break. I packed up the car and spent a week in South Padre Island picking up chicks. When you tell them you go to Western Nevada Community College (Go 'Cats!) it's like magic.

On my way out of the store this afternoon I overheard a woman scream the following at her young child as she got into the family car, "Why are you barfing all over yourself?" I'm not sure if it's a dumb question or merely a question that has no answer. Let the voters decide...

The retirement paperwork appears in order. I start the new job on June 5th.

Love to all,

t

No comments: